Learning about Learning Disabilities
We’re doing weekly interviews with experts that can answer the questions that we hear all the time surrounding students with learning disabilities like dyslexia. Do you have a question you’d like to have answered? Don’t hesitate to contact us and we’ll do it!
What is dyslexia, really?
Learn about some common myth’s surrounding dyslexia, and get the truth.
Can dyslexia be treated?
What are the scientifically validated methods for treating dyslexia?
What methods are available to most students?
What methods can I get with an IEP or 504 plan?
Can a parent employ these methods at home?
Can a therapist employ these methods in practice?
Can a school employ these methods?
What happens when a student is in a traditional school and gets this treatment?
- Does my child have a learning disability like dyslexia?
- What should you do if you suspect your child has a LD?
- What are screeners and why use them?
- If the screener comes back positive, what are the options for my child?
- What is the typical action taken by a school?
- What is the difference between a SLD diagnosis and a Differential Diagnosis from a Clinical Psychologist or Neuropsychologist?
- Why is getting to the root of the SLD important?
- In the end, what does a family do with this information?
My student has dyslexia, what should I read first to learn more?
Please consider purchasing these via Amazon Smile, designating Wired2Learn Foundation as the non-profit your purchases benefit.
Start by using this link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/83-0568152